Little Apple

They're testing my patience over at Apple. i was all excited about receiving my new Macbook Pro 17" with extra fast hard drive and Logic Express 8. well, i opened it up and played around a while and was really enjoying the thing. but then i closed up for the night and noticed something peculiar. the lid didn't shut quite right. it's got a warp on the top so that it doesn't close flat. it's annoying. and i think they should replace it. not only does it just annoy me but it could cause screen problems down the line, etc..

so i went to the apple store. not quite the customer service mecca it's touted as. when i asked to see the first guy's manager, he said he was the manager. if that's true, there's going to be a lot of offended and angry people in that store. but it boiled down to them washing their hands of folks who buy online. especially folks who would -- gasp -- customize their order. i hate that Apple still treats its customers like idiots. i want to like them so bad.

then i got home and tried to do the return online like it said on my receipt. didn't go anywhere. so i spent 58 minutes being forwarded from department to department, some multiple times until they finally forwarded me to a department that had closed for the day (20 minutes earlier so i would have been fine if they hadn't fucked around so much). my call was disconnected. i can't decide if i should just put up with the warp or continue the fight. i'm going to at least call tomorrow and see how it goes.

i want this computer to be my pride and joy. i want to bond with it. isn't that what the mac's all about? help me out here Apple!

---------------------------------

UPDATE!

i know this sounds weird, but sometimes i just know when i'm going to get good service or bad before it ever happens. which probably means i'm partly to blame, i'm putting off some energy. anyway, this morning i got back on the horn with Apple. i must have been more relaxed and upbeat because the experience was completely different. they rushed me through to the right people (staying on the phone with me while waiting) and Rose was apologetic and helpful and had me set up really quickly. so at this point it's not fixed, but it sounds like they're serious about taking care of me. they'll be sending me an email with a return stamp (they're paying) and will send me a new unit expedited. if they follow through with that and the new system is awesome i will be back in their court 100%! thanks, Apple, for stepping up.

No comments: